The average American diet is too high in harmful fats, and at the same time deficient in Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs). Essential Fatty Acids are essential as they are required for critical chemical reactions in the body and they are unable to be manufactured within the body.
EFAs can only be obtained from the diet. Foods do contain EFAs but commonly lose the amount or quality of EFAs through processing, exposure to air (oxygen), oxidants, and toxins (from lead and mercury to peroxides and sulfites).
Consuming adequate amounts of Omega-3 EFAs (including EPA and DHA) have shown benefits on multiple systems within the body:
- Immune Health – At higher concentrations they have natural anti-inflammatory effects that can decrease pain from multiple conditions, including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Cardiovascular – Omega-3 fatty acids act as blood thinners, helping to reduce the clotting and aggregation associated with arteriosclerotic disease. Individuals with a diet higher in Omega-3 fatty acids have significantly lower rates of heart disease. They may also improve cholesterol fractions in the blood.
- Concentration and attention – Deficits in EFAs cause nerve electrical irritability that reduce attention span and decrease ability to concentrate. DHA is especially vital to growing or repairing brain and nerve cell function
The biologically preferred form of an ingredient is always used for enhanced activity. Activated with the same transporters that are used by nature and in food to ensure full bioavailability.
Unique post-production assays and clinical bioassays assure product quality and integrity.
What is contained in EPA/DHA?
The best balance of Omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFAs) with the most beneficial and the most potent, highest available eicosapentanoic acid (EPA)/ docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) combination.
- 660mg EPA (Eicosopentaenoate)
- 500mg DHA (Docosahexaenoate) per dose
- 1650mg Marine Lipid Oil
- Distilled and nitrogen purged for purity and protection
- It is the highest bioavailable dosing available per softgel.
What is not contained within EPA/DHA Guard?
Free of citrus, MSG, wheat/gluten, corn/zein/starch, dairy/casein/whey/ milk derivatives, yeast, soy, sulfate, phosphates (other than coenzymes), and preservatives.
No genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. You should always consult with your health care provider before taking any new supplement.
Ergas D, Eilat E, Mendlovic S, Sthoeger ZM. n-3 fatty acids and the immune system in autoimmunity. Isr Med Assoc J. 2002 Jan;4(1):34-8.
Gebauer SK, Psota TL, Harris WS, Kris-Etherton PM. n-3 fatty acid dietary recommendations and food sources to achieve essentiality and cardiovascular benefits. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Jun;83(6 Suppl):1526S- 1535S.