Pain Doctor, Orthopedic Doctor or Regenerative Doctor?
How to know if your pain doctor is practicing Regenerative Medicine or Degenerative Medicine
What separates the top-notch clinics – the ones that get great results – from the so-so clinics not seeing great results? There are three common attributes that encompass every clinic and their treatment philosophy.
Orthopedic Surgeon’s Primary Focus:
- Primary focus is surgery (and should be)
- May dabble a bit with Regenerative Medicine when not in the operating room.
- Do you think they are studying this as much as I am, up on the latest techniques, and really, really care about the outcome? A couple I have met at conferences absolutely, but they are outliers.
- Most surgeons think Regenerative Medicine is “bunk” and tell their patients as much.
- They are not likely to follow the literature being published weekly that shows this is not bunk.
- Their focus is surgery and always will be.
- If they do perform these procedures and do not get a good outcome, they get to do surgery on you as well.
- If your goal is to have surgery or know that your problem requires surgery – by all means see a surgeon.
- If your goal is to hopefully avoid surgery – see someone who is not a surgeon!
Pain Doctor’ Primary Focus:
- Have been lured into Regenerative Medicine by companies marketing “quick and easy stem cell treatments” – essentially store bought “cells in a syringe”.
- Much of what is being offered in this arena is not true stem cell therapy, but rather some growth factors that may trigger some healing, but are certainly not as powerful as legitimate stem cell therapy. [Note: You can learn all about this in my latest book –Consumer Guide to Stem Cell Therapy.]
- Spend most of their time prescribing medications and shooting steroid medications that degenerate the body. (I know – I used to be one!)
- Then they jump in the next room and attempt to provide Regenerative treatments. Seems like a conflicting practice model if you ask me.
I believe you have to be “all in” practicing Regenerative treatments to do it really well. There is just so much to know and keep pace with as it evolves. You cannot be a “part-timer” and do well by your patients. What dabblers do:
- Spend little time continuing their education to learn better protocols, better technology, and better technique.
- Form opinions on things they do not understand deeply, rather than laying out the state of the evidence and their expert experience with other patients
- Market a service with the hope you either shop on price for the cheapest treatment, or do not ask many questions.
- Do not thoroughly educate you, the patient, to make the best decision.
My Commitment to you, as a Regenerative Doctor
I am constantly updated my knowledge to deliver the most advanced treatments. I am always updating our technology to stay on the advancing edge of Regenerative Medicine. I have an ethical obligation as a physician to first do no harm and also to fully inform you about the treatments I offer. I have a calling to educate patients and others in my community on what Regenerative Medicine may be able to do for you, someone you care about, and the future of our Healthcare system.
7790 N. Oracle Road, Suite 150
Oro Valley, AZ 85704
Rejuv Medical Southwest is located in Southwest Arizona and provides clinical services to the surrounding cities: Tucson, Oro Valley, Catalina, Saddlebrooke, Oracle, Marana, Casa Grande, Green Valley, Nogales, Vail, Sahuarita, Phoenix, Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, Tempe, Scottsdale, Glendale.
Website Disclaimer: The content of this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prevention of any disease. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition, diagnosis, or treatment.