Interested applicants should apply through the following link:
Job Title: Medical Fitness Specialist
Reports To: Clinical Operations Manager
Summary: Assists clients with achieving health and fitness goals through utilization of the Rejuv Medical philosophy.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules and manages client appointments, reschedule and/or find a substitute if needed. Substitutions should be approved by fitness manager.
- Educates clients on behavior modification related to a healthy lifestyle, such as stress management, weight control, and athletic performance. *
- Performs initial and follow-up exercise consultations and physical fitness assessments for clients and/or members as assigned.*
- Consults and reaches out to new, current, and past clients and members for purposes of recruiting and maintaining client base according to retention guidelines.*
- Acts as a resource for people using the fitness center space.*
- Records clients histories, daily progress and maintains complete and accurate client files, administers body fat composition tests, and documents clients’ weight and measurements according to their goals.*
- Conducts research and provides instruction on subject matter related to athletic training or projects related to people working on weight loss.*
- Develops and/or administers training programs for one-on-one clients and small groups.*
- Assists and administers metabolic testing and medical fitness standardization and protocol.*
- Assists and participates in outreach and community activities including marketing, projects, lunch-and-learns, etc. as determined by the Fitness Operations Manager.*
- Spends adequate time preparing for training sessions to include clean up.*
- Attends all mandatory team meetings and training sessions unless pre approved by management. *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Current or working towards a nationally accredited personal training certificate
- Current CPR and AED certificate
- Continuous education
- Exercise equipment
- General office equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Active listening skills
- Social perceptiveness
- Monitoring skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Service orientation
- Instructing skills
- Time management
- Judgment and decision making skills
- Knowledge of learning strategies
- Ability to document/record information
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of body mechanics
- Knowledge of weight management and nutrition
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Normal vision and hearing abilities required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood-borne pathogens. Follow proper blood-borne pathogens procedures/emergency protocol when needed.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
I am able to perform the above duties with or without an accommodation. If I need an accommodation in the future, I will make the request as soon as possible to my direct supervisor. My supervisor will advise me if a reasonable accommodation can be made. Any agreed upon accommodations will be documented on or attached to this job description and placed in the personnel file.
I have read and understand the physical requirements of this job, including the lifting, and am able to perform these functions.
Furthermore, I understand that my performance will be evaluated, in part, by the level of my ability to perform the above job duties. The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
This position requires the signing of our Non-Compete / Non-Disclosure / Confidentiality Agreement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.