The #1 “supplement” I recommend in the morning is water.
Proper hydration is critical for good health. Water is the most abundant molecule on the planet and in your body! You will not function at the top of your game without proper hydration.
Optimal function and regeneration of your body’s cells depend on maintaining a fully hydrated state. Up to 60% of the adult human body is water, and much of that is contained within the cells where chemical reactions drive the inner-workings of your body.
10 simple tips and tools to stay hydrated:
1. Drink 12-16 ounces of spring or filtered water first thing in the morning.
2. You can enhance your morning water by adding a squeeze of lemon, a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, or a pinch of salt for better hydration.
3. Always filter your water. This is one of the highest recommended water filters on the market (be sure to get the fluoride filters as well).
4. If you can, shower in filtered water because your skin and lungs absorb chemicals when you shower. (Check out Berkey Filters for some of the best on the market – not too expensive)
5. You should aim to consume about 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water daily (on top of other types of fluids).
6. Sip small amounts frequently to “drip feed” your body rather than flooding it a few times per day.
7. Your urine should be as clear a possible. Dark urine is an easy giveaway that you need to drink more fluids.
8. Drink water in between your meals (30 minutes before or 90 minutes after). Try to minimize fluid intake during meals as this can dilute enzymes needed to properly digest your meal.
9. You can infuse your water with berries, melons, or mint to make it more exciting. If you are more adventurous, you can even add some chlorophyll to your water to support detoxification and enhance cell function.
10. Drink your water from a stainless steel or glass container. Try not to use plastic bottles or disposable bottles/cups as they are destroying our planet, and your health, due to harmful chemicals that leach from the plastic into you – and then into the earth and water when they are deposited in landfills.
Make this simple habit change daily and see how your fully hydrated body feels!
Thank you for reading our blog! How can we help you? Contact us today.
Berkey filters- https://www.berkeyfilters.com/?gclid=CNTIo7SwotYCFUGSfgodwbMCIA
Berkey shower head filters – https://www.berkeyfilters.com/berkey-water-filters/shower-filter.html